ApplyLocation: Shanghai, China.
Due to Panjiva’s expansion in China, we’re looking for several Sales Consultants to join our China team and help aggressively grow our sales in China.
About the Company:
Panjiva (http://panjiva.com) is a New York-based U.S. venture-backed start-up that is seeking to transform global trade. Over the last five years, we have built the premier intelligence service for sourcing teams. Today, we maintain a searchable database of 750,000 suppliers across 190 countries–virtually every supplier that serves the U.S. market. In the last two years, sourcing teams at over 1,700 companies (including over 30 Fortune 500 Companies) have begun using Panjiva to find new suppliers. Our Shanghai office was set up in October 2011 to kick off the next phase of Panjiva’s growth: marketing our services to suppliers in Asia Pacific. Now we are intensifying our sales efforts in China and looking for more talented and energetic professionals to join our China team.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about selling a product that transforms the very heart of global trade? Are you excited by the opportunity to sell suppliers and manufacturers a product that makes their businesses more effective and successful? At Panjiva, we’re looking for ethical Sales Consultants to build and maintain a book of business of suppliers and manufacturers across China. As a Sales Consultant, you will:
- Identify suppliers that are excellent sales opportunities
- Use telephone, email, and in-person meetings to sell to suppliers
- Help define strategy: product, marketing, sales, pricing
- Attend exhibitions and work with trade show professionals to target new supplier groups
- Report directly to a Panjiva Sales Manager
- You are a person of integrity and are excited by the opportunity to help others
- You are outgoing and love learning about and communicating with new people
- You are frustrated by the state of global trade and fascinated by technology
- You’re fun and passionate and a little bit whacky (for more on Panjiva’s culture, see http://i.youku.com/panjiva)
- You speak Mandarin and English fluently
- You have excellent in-person, on the phone, and written communication skills
- You have sales experience (we also welcome fresh graduates but please state clearly your interest in sales and what would make you a good sales person)
Perks and Benefits
Competitive compensation package
15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
Quarterly off-site retreats
Think you’re a good fit?
Feel like you’re a good match for this position? Apply now
To apply, e-mail your resume to jobs+China@panjiva.com.In the body of the e-mail, include answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working for Panjiva?
- What do you like most about your current job or studies?
- Why are you awesome?
WARNING: Generic cover letters, along with the resumes that accompany them, will be immediately discarded. Life’s too short to work with generic people, don’t you think?