Visual Interaction Designer
We are seeking an exceptional visual interaction designer with a track record of building sophisticated web interfaces to build (from scratch) and lead our Design Team. You and your team will play a lead role in driving the design of our product and coming up with new ideas to improve and simplify the user’s experience. With over a million unique visitors per month and a fast development cycle, Panjiva will put your ideas and designs in front of a large number of users (from over 190 countries) immediately. You’ll be working with our Engineering, Product, and Design teams to envision and create the next-generation Panjiva platform. Your work will help to connect the millions of companies and individuals engaged in the $15 Trillion global trade market.
- Passion for designing clean, beautiful, highly usable interfaces that surprise and delight users
- Solid portfolio showcasing top-notch web interfaces in self-started projects
- Good design sense and mastery of typography, color, and layout
- Clear communication of ideas through wireframes, mockups, and specifications
- Talent for data visualization, to present the rich data we provide to our users in a navigable and elegant format
- Knowledge of best practices and tools used in user-focused design
- Flexibility when working through design revisions, from initial brainstorming to execution and refinement
- Ability to quickly experiment and iterate on interface and interaction concepts
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in CS, HCI, or equivalent experience
- Experience with product management
- Experience building and leading a team of designers
- Ability to prototype your designs
- Passion for information visualization (Tufte fans especially welcome)
- Startup experience
Perks and Benefits
Weekly tech talks
Competitive salaries and stock options
Build or buy your dream computer
Kendall Square office
Twenty-five feet from the Red Line T Stop.
Fifteen days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 paid holidays
Hacker Continuing Education Wednesdays
i.e., craft beer tasting and ping pong.
Regular off-site retreats
Everybody helps to set company direction and strategy.
Think you’re a good fit?
Feel like you’re a good match for this position? Apply now
- The URL of your website and your handles on various design-related sites (e.g., Dribbble)
- How long you’ve been designing, and any interesting side projects you’re involved in
- If not present on your website, your portfolio