Web Application Engineer
We are seeking exceptional software engineers with a track record in building scalable, highly sophisticated web applications to play a leading role in Panjiva’s evolution. You must have significant experience with full-stack web application development, both server-side and client-side, and be ready to take on the challenges of a startup lifestyle. Your work will be used by millions of people from every country in the world, and by some of the largest (and smallest) companies in the world. We need hands-on hackers—not managers—but our ideal candidates have the potential to grow into a strong leadership role over time.
About Our Engineers
Perks and Benefits
Weekly tech talks
Competitive salaries and stock options
Build or buy your dream computer
Kendall Square office
Twenty-five feet from the Red Line T Stop.
Fifteen days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 paid holidays
Hacker Continuing Education Wednesdays
i.e., craft beer tasting and ping pong.
Regular off-site retreats
Everybody helps to set company direction and strategy.
- B.S., or M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or demonstrated hacking ability
- Extraordinary software engineering talent
- Substantial experience building database-backed web applications
- Strong mastery of writing SQL for high performance
- Track record of solving performance bottlenecks both in the back-end and front-end
- Solid knowledge of relational databases and Unix/Linux
- Strong programming skills in a dynamic language (e.g., Ruby, Python)
- Fast learner and fearless
- The number of years of professional experience you have isn’t important to us
We love an entrepreneurial mindset.
Proficiency programming Ruby (on Rails)
Experience with Rails is definitely a plus.
Good design sense and Photoshop skills
They come in handy when working full-stack.
Think you’re a good fit?
Feel like you’re a good match for this position? Apply now
- The URL of your website and your handles on various dev-related sites (e.g. GitHub, Stack Overflow, etc.)
- How long you’ve been coding, and any interesting side projects you’re involved in
- Want your application to stand out? Solve one of more of our challenges and include your solutions in the e-mail.